If you are going to read all the information about carbohydrates on this page, then definitely read the post completely.
On the previous page, we have shared the information of protein, if you have not read that post yet, then read that post too.
Let us read and understand all the information about carbohydrates today.
what are carbohydrates
Carbohydrates are organic compounds found naturally in the form of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen.
“Carbohydrates are polymer molecules of polyhydroxy aldehydes or polyhydroxy ketones. which produce polyhydroxy aldehydes or polyhydroxy ketones on hydrolysis
Carbohydrates are a good essential substance to stay healthy. They give more energy to the body, so that the body works properly, first of all, our body gets energy from carbohydrates, so it is called the primary source of energy. Most of the carbohydrates come from sugarcane and beet. These are compounds of carbon, oxygen, hydrogen and the organic matter formed by mixing carbon, hydrogen, oxygen in the form of 1: 2: 1 is called carbohydrate.
One gram of carbohydrate produces 17 kJ of oxygen and 4.2 kcal of energy, 50-75% of the energy in our food comes from carbohydrates. It is a sugar that goes inside our body to make glucose.
Basic Formula :- (CH₂On)
General Formula:- Cx(H₂O)y
carbohydrate food list
Mango :- Eating mango gives about 50g carbohydrate.
banana :- A lot of carbohydrates are also found in bananas, raw bananas provide more food, if you do not eat bananas, then you can eat raw bananas as a vegetable, this will also provide food.
save :- A lot of carbohydrates are also found in apple. About 25g of carbohydrate can be found in one serving.
Green grams :- Green gram contains approximately (59.9) carbohydrates. The problem of eyes gets cured by consuming green gram.
Orange :- It is a good source of vitamin C and fiber, about 12% carbohydrate is found in it, it prevents the formation of kidney and heart stones.
types of carbohydrates
Its types are as follows.
Monosaccharides are the units of a single polyhydroxy aldehyde or ketone, the most abundant monosaccharide in the world is a 6-carbon sugar. They are sweet in taste and do not dissolve in water are called monosaccharides.
(a). Ketos :- ketose A type of monosaccharide. Which is the ketose group in the carbon skeleton and it is the ketose group per one sugar molecule.
(b). Aldose :- Aldoses are a type of monosaccharide that has an aldehyde group in the carbon skeleton and an aldehyde group in the monosaccharide molecule.
(c). Epimer :- If the isomers in a monosaccharide are different in the structural configuration of a specific carbon atom. So it is called Epimer.
Disaccharides are those which are decomposed with carbohydrates in water and after decomposition to give two molecules of monosaccharides, they are called disaccharides.
Maltose :- maltose A disaccharide is a sugar. Two molecules of glucose are joined by a glycosidic bond as a result of a condensation reaction to synthesize a maltose molecule.
Sucrose :- sucrose A disaccharide is a sugar. And its scientific name is table sugar. It contains 50% fructose, 50% glucose.
Lactose :- Lactose is a disaccharide sugar. Lactose is present in milk. It is found in milk of mammals between 4% and 5%.
Carbohydrates whose hydrolysis produces many monosaccharides. They are called polysaccharides. Polysaccharides are not sweet and do not dissolve in water.
Homipolysaccharides are disaccharides made up of a single monosaccharide unit linked together.
(a). Starch :- Starch is a polysaccharide carbohydrate made up of a large number of monosaccharide units joined together by glycosidic bonds. It is found only in plants.
(b). Glycogen :- Glycogen is a polysaccharide. Which are the main stores of glucose in animals.
(c). Cellulose :- cellulose is an organic compound. And it is a polysaccharide in which the same type of molecule is continuously joined to form a polymer of thousands of molecules. The cell wall of many green leaf plants is made of cellulose.
(d). Dextrains :- Dextranes are found in the plaque formed by bacteria on the teeth.
(e). Chitin :- Chitin is a broad-chain polymer. It is found in many places on Earth. Chitin has been used for many medical and industrial purposes.
main sources of carbohydrates
Carbohydrates are a good source of energy that provides vitamins and minerals to the human body. The following are the five main sources of carbohydrates.
- Wheat is the best and main source of carbohydrates. A good amount of complex is found in every substance made from wheat. And protein fiber is also found in it. Due to which our digestion becomes easy.
- Bananas are also a good source of carbohydrates. Fiber is also found in it, it has a lot of energy. Therefore, you should eat one or two bananas after eating in the morning, so that you can get energy throughout the day.
- Oatmeal is also a good source of carbohydrates. One bowl of porridge should be eaten daily in the morning. When a person is sick, porridge is given to him. Due to which he keeps getting energy. Eating porridge also increases weight.
- A lot of carbohydrates are found in sweet potato, vitamins are also found in it. Sweet potatoes are very tasty to eat, they are very much available in the cold season.
- Vitamins are found in all types of fruits and vegetables. like :- Vitamins are found in orange, beet, mango, jamun, sev etc.
functions of carbohydrates
Following are the functions of carbohydrates.
- These contribute to the main structural development for plants.
- In the body, heparin prevents blood from clotting and clotting inside blood vessels.
- Cellulose nitrates are used as a blast.
- Oligosaccharides found in cell membranes are helpful in identifying cells.
- Carbohydrates make up most of the organic matter on Earth.
benefits of carbohydrates
Following are the benefits of carbohydrates.
1. Energy of the body :- Carbohydrates act as a fuel for the body, with the help of which we are able to do all our work, so that we work without getting tired.
2. Stomach problem :- The highest fiber is found in carbohydrates, fiber removes all the problems related to the stomach. The use of fiber also makes it easier to pass stools. Fiber also helps in curing many diseases.
3. Blood clot :- The fiber found in carbohydrates prevents blood from clotting and clotting, if it is not consumed, then blood clotting can occur in the body. Which can lead to heart disease.
4. For sleep :- The use of fiber should be reduced while sleeping, which will lead to good sleep.
5. Immunity Capacity :- Carbohydrates help in increasing the immunity of the body so that germs cannot enter the body. It acts as a protective shield in the body.
loss of carbohydrates
Following are the disadvantages of carbohydrates.
1. By consuming carbohydrates, the risk of heart disease increases and by eating it, the disease of obesity increases further, after being obese, many diseases surround.
2. Reducing its intake in food causes weakness in the body. Due to which the immunity starts decreasing. Due to which diseases related to stomach start happening. Therefore, limit carbohydrates should be taken in food.
3. Taking more amount of carbohydrate increases the risk of diabetes, so carbohydrate limit should be eaten so that diabetes does not increase.
4. When you eat less carbohydrates, it directly affects your brain, they gradually weaken your intelligence.
5. When you take carbohydrate-rich food, the level of fiber in it is low. Due to which the power of our digestive system starts decreasing.
difference between simple carbohydrates and complex carbohydrates
|simple carbohydrates||complex carbohydrates|
|Simple carbohydrates are easy to digest.||Complex carbohydrates are not easy to digest.|
|They are sweet in food and are found in the form of monosaccharides, sugars, disaccharides, and trisaccharides.||They are not sweet in food, these sugars are found in the form of polysaccharides.|
|It is soluble in water. such as sucrose, maltose||They are not soluble in water. such as starch, glycogen|
|They are found in the form of transport of sugars.||These are found as energy stores.|
|Its molecular weight is low.||Its molecular weight is high.|
Carbohydrate deficiency and excess diseases
Hope you liked the information about Carbohydrates.
If you liked this post then share it on social media.
Comment for any query related to this post Thank you.